Clone issues and move them to other Jira projects or issue types. Deep clone comments, work logs, issue links, issue status, votes or watchers. … This helps you to copy your template projects smooth and quick.
What is clone in Jira?
Cloning means to copy. To clone an issue means to create a duplicate issue within the same project. … A cloned issue is completely a separate issue from the original issue. Any action or operation taken on the original issue does not have any impact on the clone issue and vice-versa.
Can you bulk clone in Jira?
With Deep Clone for Jira you can Bulk Clone and move hundreds of issues in one action.
How do I clone an epic in Jira?
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Find new apps or Find new add-ons screen loads.
- Locate Clone Epic Template for Jira.
- Click Install to download and install your app.
- Click Close in the Installed and ready to go dialog.
Can you clone a Jira project?
3 answers. Thanks! JIRA itself does not have a clone functionality for projects, you can create a new project based on an existing one and that will share the schemes. If you are looking to clone the project with versions, components, project roles and issues then JIRA Command Line Interface has an option to do so.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
How do I clone a test case in Jira?
Clone test case with test steps (Jira Cloud)
- Open your test case which you want to clone.
- On the test case issue detail page, click on menu option (…) …
- Select ‘Clone with test steps’
- Select your destination project where you want to create a clone test case. ( …
- Enter a summary of the clone test case.
How do I move a test case from one project to another in Jira?
There are two ways to get tests out of one project and into another. One is to export the tests out of project A and then import them into project B. The other is to copy the test case you want to add to another project. Once copied, you can move the copied test case to another project using the JIRA move abilities.
What is the difference between clone and duplicate?
Clone just lets you select how many copies you want. Eg if you want to duplicate a field (or multiple fields) several times, then just select the field(s) and use clone. It will prompt for how many copies you want, then create that many in one go. Duplicate just does one duplicate of all selected fields at a time.
How do I bulk upload issues in Jira?
Before you begin, please back up your Jira data.
- Log in to Jira as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
- Select Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import.
- Select CSV to open the CSV File import page.
- On the CSV File import page, select your CSV Source File.
How do I create an epic template in Jira?
To create a template:
- Go to your templates repository project and click a plus icon.
- When the Create Issue screen appears, select Epic as the issue type (which is the only way to make an Epic template), provide Epic Name, Summary, Description and fill the rest of the needed fields.
How do I clone a board in Jira?
You can copy a board in JIRA. From the “boards” drop down you can click on “View all boards” and from there when you see the list of boards then you can click on the options available for the board and copy the board. Thanks for the feedback.
How do I export a project in Jira?
In the menu on the left, in the PROJECT CONFIGURATOR section, click Export projects. Select the projects that you want to export from the dropdown menu. Select Complete project below the list of projects, and click Export options.
How do I backup a project in Jira?
Option 2: Using Jira’s XML backup utility
- Choose Administration ( ) > System.
- Select Import & Export > Backup System to open the Backup Jira data page. …
- In ‘File name’ field, type the name of the backup file. …
- Click the ‘Backup’ button and wait while your Jira data is backed up.