Filters in Jira are used to sort and segment issues by criteria you set. For example, you can use filters to narrow a list of issues down to see only those that are assigned to you, only those of a certain issue type (story, bug, epic, etc.), only those assigned a specific priority, only open issues, and more.
How do I find filters in Jira?
Any filter that is shared is visible to users who have the ‘Jira Administrators’ global permission. See Managing other users’ shared filters below. Click the My tab on the ‘Manage Filters’ page. Locate the filter you wish to share, click the cog icon > Edit.
What are rich filters in Jira?
The Rich Filter Gadgets bring a lot of new functionality to the Jira dashboards: dynamically change the data displayed by the dashboard, highlight and color-code issues, define and display computed fields, build statistics based on issue fields and/or user defined criteria, define and display multiple personalized …
How do I add a filter to Jira board?
To add a sub-filter to your board:
Go to your board, then select more ( ) in the top right corner > Board settings. Edit the Kanban board sub-filter field and enter a JQL query.
What are quick filters in Jira?
Quick Filters let you further filter the collection of issues appearing on a Scrum or Kanban board. Use Quick Filters to switch between different issue types (e.g. show only bugs), or to show team-specific views of a common backlog.
How do I filter in Jira?
Creating Filters in Jira
In order to create a filter, go to Issues > Search for Issues to define your search. Make sure to execute it to confirm that the syntax is correct. Finally, click Save as and choose a name for your new filter. That’s all there is to it!
What is JQL in Jira?
JQL stands for Jira Query Language and is the most powerful and flexible way to search for your issues in Jira. JQL is for everyone: developers, testers, agile project managers, and business users.
How do I create a rich filter in Jira?
Create a Rich Filter
- Open the Issues menu at the top of the screen and select the Manage rich filters option.
- Click on the Create Rich Filter button at the top-right of your screen to open the Create Rich Filter dialog box.
- Fill the two mandatory fields: Enter a name for your Rich Filter. …
- Click the Create button.
How do I create a JQL filter in Jira?
Query results can be saved and used as filters and views across Jira (including boards).
- In the top navigation bar, select Filters.
- Select Advanced issue search. ( …
- Use quick filters for basic search or switch to JQL for advanced search.
How do I create a Smart Filter in Jira?
Click on the Add Smart Filter button at the top-right of the page. Insert a name, select at least one tag type and click on Create button. Select a color and/or insert a label (depending on which Tag Types you have selected for your smart filter), insert a JQL for the clause and click the Add button.
How do I change the view of a board in Jira?
Access board settings
- Go to your board, then select more ( ) > Board settings.
- On the Board settings screen, select the desired tab (Columns, Swimlanes, etc).
How do I create a dashboard in Jira?
A Jira Dashboard
- From your project in Jira click Dashboards and View all Dashboards.
- In the top right you can click on Create dashboard.
- Fill in the name.
- Start from a blank dashboard.
- For Shared with select Public and click Add.
- Click Create.
How do I edit a board in Jira?
Changing a board’s administrators
- Go to the desired board, then click Board > Configure.
- On the Board Configuration screen, click any of the name(s) in the Administrators field (a ‘pencil’ icon will appear when you hover over them).
- Enter the names of the desired users or groups.
29 мая 2018 г.
How do I bulk edit in Jira?
To perform a bulk change, select the issues you would like to change and then right click to select bulk change. The bulk change wizard will walk you through the change process through an easy-to-follow wizard. Super simple. Pro Tip: Keep in mind, Jira sends notifications on changes.
What is a quick filter?
Quick Filter enables you to reduce the number of data items displayed on dashboard grids without needing to understand the multi-dimensional aspect of the model. Quick Filter is available from the Quick Access toolbar, or from the context menu on rows and columns on dashboard grids.