Your dashboard is the main display you see when you log in to Jira. … You can create a personal dashboard and add gadgets to keep track of assignments and issues you’re working on. Dashboards are designed to display gadgets that help you organize your projects, assignments, and achievements in different charts.
What is the purpose of Jira dashboard?
A Jira dashboard is the main display you see when you open Jira. A dashboard shows apps and gadgets that provide different types of information to aid you and your team members as you organize and track a project’s development.
How do I find my Jira dashboard?
Jira users can create and manage their own dashboards.
To search for a shared dashboard:
- Choose > System.
- Select Shared Dashboards to open the Search Shared Dashboards page.
- Enter your search criteria into the search field and click the Search button.
What is the difference between board and dashboard in Jira?
A board is a view of a selection of issues, that you can use to see and update them. It displays them in columns, with each column representing a step in your process for them. A dashboard is a place to collect together a set of reports that people might find useful.
How do I customize my dashboard in Jira?
You can edit the details for your dashboard, and restrict or share with other users according to the permissions that are set.
- Choose the Jira icon ( or ) > Dashboards.
- Choose your dashboard in the sidebar and click more (•••) > Edit dashboard.
- Edit the settings and choose Update.
How do I create a dashboard in Jira tools?
Create your dashboard
- From your project in Jira click Dashboards and View all Dashboards.
- In the top right you can click on Create dashboard.
- Fill in the name.
- Start from a blank dashboard.
- For Shared with select Public and click Add.
- Click Create.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
What is JQL in Jira?
JQL stands for Jira Query Language and is the most powerful and flexible way to search for your issues in Jira. JQL is for everyone: developers, testers, agile project managers, and business users.
How do I save a dashboard in Jira?
button beside the relevant gadget and then click the ‘Edit’ option from the popup menu. (This will display the dashboard page similar to the one that is seen immediately after adding a gadget). After making the desired changes click on the ‘Save’ button.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.
How do I change the owner of a dashboard in Jira?
Changing Jira Dashboard and Filter Owners
- Jira Administration > System.
- Shared Items > Shared filters / Shared dashboards.
- Search by Dashboard or Filter name and/or owner.
- Select admin gear at right > Change Owner.
- Change Owner: Name of Dashboard > select new owner.
- Select “Change owner” button.
- The Owner is now changed.
What is backlog in Jira?
A backlog is simply a list of features, which could be for your product, service, project, etc. These features are not detailed specifications. Rather, they are usually described in form of user stories, which are short summaries of the functionality from a particular user’s perspective.
What is Sprint in Jira?
A sprint is a short, time-boxed period when a scrum team works to complete a set amount of work. … “With Scrum, a product is built in a series of iterations called sprints that break down big, complex projects into bite-sized pieces,” said Megan Cook, Group Product Manager for Jira Software at Atlassian.
What is a gadget in Jira?
Gadgets display summaries of team progress, reports, and other data from Jira projects and issues a dashboard. You can customize gadgets to display project and issue details relevant to particular users. You can see the list of gadgets here.