Components are subsections of a project. They are used to group issues within a project into smaller parts. … This will override the project’s default assignee, for issues in that component. Only project admins and Jira admins can manage components.
How do components work in Jira?
Jira project components are generic containers for issues. Components can have Component Leads: people who are automatically assigned issues with that component. Components add some structure to projects, breaking it up into features, teams, modules, subprojects, and more.
What is the difference between a label and a component in Jira?
Components are defined by project admins. Labels are more open and people-focussed, across projects. Anyone can add a label to an issue they can edit, and that label does not have to be from a pre-defined list.
Who can create components in Jira?
In our project, we use defined components for expressing “where” the work happens. But since the last update of jira, everyone can create a new component in the issue sreen; when choosing the components for the issue.
How are sprints defined in Jira?
To start a sprint
- Go to the Backlog of your Scrum project.
- Find the sprint that you want to start and click Start Sprint.
- Update the Sprint name and add a Sprint goal if you want to, and select the Start date and End date for the sprint.
What are the features of JIRA?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.
What are issue types in Jira?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
What is a label used for in Jira?
Labels in Jira are tags or keywords that you can add to issues to show whether they possess certain characteristics. They let you classify issues more flexibly and more informally than by assigning version numbers or components.
How do I create a new component in Jira?
- Click on Projects -> Choose the appropriate project.
- At the Project Summary Page -> Click on the Administration tab.
- On the left pane , click on Components.
- Fill in the Name , Description, and Component Lead then click on the Add button.
- Repeat Step 4 until you are done adding all the compenents.
What are epics in Jira?
An epic is a large body of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller stories, or sometimes called “Issues” in Jira. Epics often encompass multiple teams, on multiple projects, and can even be tracked on multiple boards. Epics are almost always delivered over a set of sprints.
What is the latest version of JIRA software?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
Who can create a sprint in Jira?
Note that you can only create a new sprint if you have the ‘Administer Projects’ permission in all projects included in this board’s backlog. I’m having the same issue. A user can not create or close sprints.
What does backlog mean in Jira?
list of features
How do I enable a sprint in Jira?
Jira creates your first sprint for you. To see it, and start adding issues into the new sprint, select Backlog from your project’s sidebar.
To enable sprints:
- Navigate to your next-gen software project.
- In the project menu, select Settings.
- Select Features.
- Use the toggle to enable or disable the Sprints feature.