In Jira Software, each release is called a version. There are two ways to create versions in your project. Only project admins can create versions. Select Releases in the project menu on the left.
What is the difference between release and version in Jira?
In JIRA, versions are intended to indicate an actual version of your software (2.3. … However, depending on how your software is being delivered, you could also use releases in this field. For instance, our project has time-boxed releases where the content of the release is flexible but the release date is not.
What is a version in Jira?
Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases. Once a version is created and issues are assigned to it, you can use the version to filter information in various reports. If you’ve integrated Jira with Bamboo, you can start a build automatically.
What happens when you release a version in Jira?
1 answer. You enter a release version and all the issues in the done column are stamped with that version. As the board filter is (usually) set to say “consider anything with a version as release and don’t put it on the board”, that’s how it clears stuff out.
How do I release a fix version in Jira?
Release your version in Jira Software
- Go to the project that your version is in, and then click Releases > your desired version.
- On the version page, click the Release button.
- The release dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the details for the release, then click the Release button.
What is difference between version and release?
Normally Release is more about the “action” to distribute the software to interested candidates, while “version” is an identifier of certain snapshot of the software (mostly a meaningful snapshot). Therefore, in most case, as we need to identify certain release of the application, we will have a version assigned.
What is fix version?
Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers. This field is used for release planning, monitoring progress and velocity, and is used widely in reporting.
What is the latest Jira version?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
What is a release version?
release version (plural release versions) A version label given to packaged computer software that has been made available to one or more target audiences.
How do I manage release versions?
The simplest thing to do is start your initial development release at 0.1. 0 and then increment the minor version for each subsequent release.
What is build and release in Jira?
A release is created from a single build. If you have connected JIRA Software to Bamboo, you can automatically run a Bamboo build when you release a version. … So, primary purpose of the build option is to automatically run Bamboo build if Bamboo and JIRA are connected.
Who should close the Jira if the change is already in a production release?
The “Toggled by” field in a Story is used to indicate.. Who should close the jira if the change is already in a production release? The Dev Manager, The person that opened it, the QA that verified it, PMO.
How do I bulk edit in Jira?
To perform a bulk change, select the issues you would like to change and then right click to select bulk change. The bulk change wizard will walk you through the change process through an easy-to-follow wizard. Super simple. Pro Tip: Keep in mind, Jira sends notifications on changes.
How do I manage versions in Jira?
Managing a project’s versions
- Choose Administration ( ) > Projects, and select the relevant project.
- Choose Versions in the left menu. The Versions page is displayed, showing a list of versions and each version’s status. From here you can manage the project’s versions as described on this page.
How do I enable release in Jira?
Navigate to your next-gen software project. Go to Project Settings > Features. Enable or disable the Releases and versions feature.
How do I deploy Jira?
Install a Jira application
- Download Jira. Download the installer for your operating system:
- Run the installer.
- Choose set up method. Choose I’ll set it up myself.
- Connect to your database. …
- Set application properties. …
- Enter your license. …
- Create your administrator account. …
- Set up email notifications.