How do I remove done items from Kanban board?
- Use Kanban as intended – click “release” regularly to push the done issues off the board (a couple of teams I know do it after their regular progress report meetings, as they can show people what they’ve done since the last one, then clear it. …
- Change the board filter to exclude issues based on a field.
How do I hide a task in Jira?
To hide completed issues:
- Go to the desired board, then click Board > Configure.
- In the Hide completed issues field, select the retention period. Issues that weren’t updated within this period will be hidden.
How do I manage versions in Jira?
Managing a project’s versions
- Choose Administration ( ) > Projects, and select the relevant project.
- Choose Versions in the left menu. The Versions page is displayed, showing a list of versions and each version’s status. From here you can manage the project’s versions as described on this page.
How do I edit status in Jira?
Adding, editing, and deleting a status
- Select > Issues.
- Under ISSUE ATTRIBUTES, select Statuses.
- Click Add Status.
- Fill in the status name, description and category. Categories help you identify where issues are in their lifecycle. …
- Associate the status with a workflow step to activate it.
How do I change a filter query in Jira?
Editing a board’s filter
- Click Projects, then select the relevant project.
- Select more ( ) in the top right corner > Board settings.
- In the General tab: To change the filter’s JQL query, click Edit Filter Query. To change the filter’s name, description, or shares, click Edit Filter Shares.
How do I release in Jira?
Release your version in Jira Software
- Go to the project that your version is in, and then click Releases > your desired version.
- On the version page, click the Release button.
- The release dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the details for the release, then click the Release button.
How do I see done tasks in Jira?
To display Done issues in your Backlog view you only need to edit the filter query of the board, as you mentioned that you have done. Once you remove the parameter that is removing the done issues from the board (Resolution = unresolved, status != done) it should be displayed on the board as any other issues.
How do I set up a board in Jira?
To create a new board:
- Click Search ( ) > View all boards.
- Click Create board.
- Select a board type (either agility, Scrum, or Kanban).
- Select how you want your board created – You can either create a new project for your new board, or add your board to one or more existing projects.
How do I manage release versions?
The simplest thing to do is start your initial development release at 0.1. 0 and then increment the minor version for each subsequent release.
How do I bulk edit in Jira?
To perform a bulk change, select the issues you would like to change and then right click to select bulk change. The bulk change wizard will walk you through the change process through an easy-to-follow wizard. Super simple. Pro Tip: Keep in mind, Jira sends notifications on changes.
What are versions in Jira?
Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases. Once a version is created and issues are assigned to it, you can use the version to filter information in various reports. If you’ve integrated Jira with Bamboo, you can start a build automatically.
What is status in Jira?
A Status used for Jira Issues are the stages a particular issue, or issues, are currently at in their lifecycle – the workflow. We use Status in the Issue workflow to allow for numerous different meanings. The typical Statuses that are in a Project Management project are: To Do, In Progress and Done.
How do I create a custom status in Jira?
Define A New Status
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
- Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
- Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
What is a workflow in Jira?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.