How do I create a component in Jira?
- Click on Projects -> Choose the appropriate project.
- At the Project Summary Page -> Click on the Administration tab.
- On the left pane , click on Components.
- Fill in the Name , Description, and Component Lead then click on the Add button.
- Repeat Step 4 until you are done adding all the compenents.
How are components used in Jira?
Components. Jira project components are generic containers for issues. Components can have Component Leads: people who are automatically assigned issues with that component. Components add some structure to projects, breaking it up into features, teams, modules, subprojects, and more.
How do I create a new fix version in Jira?
Step 1: Create a version in Jira Software
- Navigate to your project.
- In the project menu, click on Releases.
- Select the Version name text box, enter a name, and click Add. Version names are typically numeric, for example, 1.0 or 2.1. You could also consider using an internal codename.
How do I create a new field in Jira?
- Choose Administration ( ) > Issues.
- Select Fields > Custom fields.
- Select Add custom field.
- In Select a Field Type, select All to make sure you can see all available field types.
- Select a field type and click Next.
- Configure the selection criteria for your field, as shown in the example for the Checkboxes field below:
How do I manage a component in Jira?
Managing a project’s components
- Choose Administration ( ) > Projects, and select the relevant project.
- Choose Components in the project sidebar. The Components page is displayed, showing a list of components and each component’s details. From here you can manage the project’s components as described below.
What are labels in Jira?
Labels in Jira are tags or keywords that you can add to issues to show whether they possess certain characteristics. They let you classify issues more flexibly and more informally than by assigning version numbers or components.
What is structure in Jira?
Structure for Jira is a project and portfolio management tool that’s just as indispensable for small teams as it is for large enterprises. Structure lets you create and manage hierarchical lists, called structures. A structure may contain Jira issues, folders and other types of items. … Multiple, shareable structures.
What are the features of JIRA?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.
What are issue types in Jira?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
How do I manage release versions?
The simplest thing to do is start your initial development release at 0.1. 0 and then increment the minor version for each subsequent release.
What is the latest version of JIRA software?
View all versions
- 8.7. 8.7.1. 09-Feb-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.6. 8.6.1. 08-Jan-2020. Release notes. …
- 8.5. 8.5. 9 (long term support)? 11-Oct-2020. …
- 8.4. 8.4.3. 07-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.3. 8.3.5. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.2. 8.2.6. 04-Nov-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.1. 8.1.3. 15-Sep-2019. Release notes. …
- 8.0. 8.0.3. 09-Jul-2019. Release notes.
How do I manage a release in Jira?
Release your version in Jira Software
- Go to the project that your version is in, and then click Releases > your desired version.
- On the version page, click the Release button.
- The release dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the details for the release, then click the Release button.
What is Jira Workflow?
A Jira workflow is a set of statuses and transitions that an issue moves through during its lifecycle, and typically represents a process within your organization. … You need to log in as a user with the Administer Jira global permission to access and manage workflows.
What is a Jira Service Desk?
Jira Service Desk delivers an intuitive interface, a revolutionary new take on SLAs, customizable team queues, real-time reporting, and more. Improve the productivity of your service desk teams and the happiness of your users. … Jira Service Desk brings all the power and productivity of Jira to your service desk teams.
How do you explain Jira in interview?
JIRA Interview Questions And Answers
- Able to track project progress from time to time.
- JIRA use-cases include project management, feature implementation, bug tracking, etc.
- Work-flow can be easily customized as per our requirement.