Request forms in JIRA Service Desk are set up as Request Types. Go to the project settings of your Service Desk project and select Request Types. Over there, you can associate a new Request Type with an underlying issue type, select an icon, title and description for your form, configure fields and so on.
What is a Jira request?
Issues are how pieces of work are internally represented in Jira Service Desk to admin and agents. … Jira Service Desk agents can self-assign Jira Service Desk issues. Requests: Requests are how issues are phrased or represented on the customer portal to customers or end users.
Can we use Jira for free?
We offer a Free plan for Jira Software for up to 10 users, 2GB of storage, and Community Support. If you’d like to add more than 10 users or get access to more support and storage, you can sign up for a 7-day free trial of our Standard or Premium plan.
How do I automatically create a ticket in Jira?
Automatically create linked issues from new requests
- Go to Project settings ( ) > Automation.
- Go to Create Custom Rule.
- Configure when this rule will be triggered by choosing an option for the WHEN action.
- Choose the properties of the Jira Service Desk requests that will trigger linked issues using the IF action.
- Under the THEN action, select Create issue.
What are issues in Jira?
In Jira, teams use issues to track individual pieces of work that must be completed. Depending on how your team uses Jira, an issue could represent a project task, a helpdesk ticket, a leave request form, etc. In Jira Software, issues typically represent things like big features, user requirements, and software bugs.
What are the Jira issue types?
Jira Core (business projects) issue types
- Task. A task represents work that needs to be done.
- Subtask. A subtask is a piece of work that is required to complete a task. …
- Epic. A big user story that needs to be broken down. …
- Bug. A bug is a problem which impairs or prevents the functions of a product.
- Story. …
- Task. …
- Subtask. …
Is Jira a good tool?
And, unsurprisingly given its history, it’s exceedingly good at issue tracking. Let me reiterate: To write elegant software, you must keep both the macro and the micro vision in your mind simultaneously while working. JIRA is good at managing micro pieces. But you need something else for the macro.
What is better than Jira?
18 Best JIRA Alternatives For Agile Project Management in 2019
- VersionOne. VersionOne is an enterprise software platform designed specifically for unified Agile & DevOps and can be scaled to any number of organizational levels. …
- PivotalTracker. …
- Workzone. …
- Targetprocess. …
- Mingle. …
- Assembla. …
- Crocagile. …
How much does a Jira license cost?
The Standard plan costs $7 per user, per month and accommodates up to 5,000 users, has unlimited single project automation and has a 250 GB file storage space. The Premium plan costs $14 per user, per month and includes additional features, such as audit logs, unlimited storage and 24/7 premium support.
How do I create an email ticket in Jira?
JIRA 101: Setting up Emails to Tickets
- Step 2: Create Incoming Mail Server. Go to: JIRA Admin > System > Incoming Mail. Click Add POP/IMAP mail server. Fill in the following details: Name: Give the mail server a name. …
- Step 2: Create a Mail Handler. Go to: JIRA Admin > System > Incoming Mail. Click on Add incoming mail handler. Fill in the following details:
What does != Mean in Jira?
DOES NOT MATCH
What are the types of issue?
Types of Issues
- Issue—An Issue is normally used to log any event or problem. …
- Request—A Request is a preliminary Issue that is submitted by a Customer. …
- Quick Issue—Quick Issues are templates that contain pre-filled information for standard types of Customer problems and requests.
What are the features of JIRA?
Overview of Jira Features
- Customizable workflows.
- Unlimited custom fields.
- Bugs and defect management.
- Seamless source and issue integration.
- Search and filtering.
- Advanced reporting.
- Customizable dashboards and wallboards.
- Advanced security and administration.