How do I add a filter to Jira dashboard?
Create a Rich Filter
- Open the Issues menu at the top of the screen and select the Manage rich filters option.
- Click on the Create Rich Filter button at the top-right of your screen to open the Create Rich Filter dialog box.
- Fill the two mandatory fields: Enter a name for your Rich Filter. …
- Click the Create button.
How do I manage my Jira dashboard?
Your dashboard is the main display you see when you log in to Jira.
Only Jira admins can customize the system dashboard.
- Choose Dashboards > Create dashboard.
- Name your dashboard and add a description so your team knows when to use it.
- Fill out the remaining fields and click Save.
How do you edit a description in Jira?
2 answers. That is the good part about JIRA as a tracking tool, all changes to the description field will be recorded. See in the History tab under Activity. So if you add description to the edit screen and someone changes the description you are still able to see the original description.
How do I create a saved filter in Jira?
Saving a search as a filter
- Define and run your search.
- Click the Save as link above the search results. The Save Filter dialog is displayed.
- Enter a name for the new filter and click Submit. Your filter is created.
How do I customize my dashboard in Jira?
You can edit the details for your dashboard, and restrict or share with other users according to the permissions that are set.
- Choose the Jira icon ( or ) > Dashboards.
- Choose your dashboard in the sidebar and click more (•••) > Edit dashboard.
- Edit the settings and choose Update.
What is rich filter in Jira?
The Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards app provides new gadgets (Rich Filter Gadgets) which allow the users to build highly interactive and personalized Jira dashboards. … All these features completely redefine the experience related to the use of Jira dashboards.
What is the purpose of Jira dashboard?
A Jira dashboard is the main display you see when you open Jira. A dashboard shows apps and gadgets that provide different types of information to aid you and your team members as you organize and track a project’s development.
How do I create a dashboard in Jira Service Desk?
Create a dashboard
Only Jira admins can customize the system dashboard. Choose Dashboards > Create dashboard. Name your dashboard and add a description so your team knows when to use it. Fill out the remaining fields and click Save.
How do I update a custom field in Jira?
Edit a custom field
- Select > Issues.
- Under FIELDS, select Custom fields.
- Find the custom field you want to edit and click > Edit details to update the following: The custom field name, which appears on issues. …
- Modify the fields as needed and click Update.
How do I add a description in Jira?
Enter JIRA, press the ‘g’ key twice and type ‘custom fields’.
- Click on the button ‘Add Custom Field’, on the top right corner.
- Select a text field (multi-line or single line). …
- Give it a name and, optionally, a description.
- Click on Create.
- Select the project(s) checkboxes in which you want to include your custom field.
How do I subscribe to a filter in Jira?
Run the filter that you want to subscribe to, then click Details (next to filter name). Fill in the ‘Filter Subscription form’ and click Subscribe.
Which option is present under System filter in Jira?
Choose Issues>Search for Issues. Choose a filter from the filters listed on the left of the issue navigator. You will be able to choose a filter, as follows: Choose a system filter —My Open Issues, Reported by Me, Recently Viewed, All Issues.
What is JQL in Jira?
JQL stands for Jira Query Language and is the most powerful and flexible way to search for your issues in Jira. JQL is for everyone: developers, testers, agile project managers, and business users.